Four great miniatures games coming to retail – Battlespace, County Road Z, Rangers of Shadow Deep – A Gathering of Heroes, and Five Parsecs From Home Compendium – Bug Hunt!
ViaModiphius, the indie imprint of Modiphius, is announcing a new seasonal release calendar. The first ‘Winter Collection’ presents a host of miniatures agnostic solo and co-op adventure wargames designed to bring gamers together around four fantastic new gaming worlds.
Adventure Wargames let you tell stories on your tabletop with innovative narrative mechanics, procedural campaigns, and scripted stories which put you in the middle of the action, whether playing solo or with your friends against dangerous adversaries. This new range, going on pre-order today, offers a wide variety of experiences from County Road Z, where you claim and build your own settlement amidst a zombie apocalypse, lead a modern Delta Force or SAS patrol in Battlespace – Ultra Modern Military Combat, create unique new heroes and experience a series of epic adventures in Rangers of Shadow Deep – A Gathering of Heroes or join the marines and face down aggressive alien species in Five Parsecs From Home Compendium – Bug Hunt.
You can see the entire Winter collection here [UK/US]. All pre-orders come with free PDFs to get people playing right away, with retail release planned for late March.
Rangers of Shadow Deep – A Gathering of Heroes by Joseph A. McCullough
With the evils of the Shadow Deep clawing at the borders, spellcasters, mercenaries, knights-errant, desert nomads, and other heroes from the lands surrounding Alladore have come to the aid of the Rangers.
– Advanced Character Creation: new Traits and Limitations to bring greater tactical and narrative variation to your rangers.
– Ten ‘Archetypes’ to create the heroes that have come from the lands around Alladore.
– Collects five previously stand-alone supplements for the game: Blood Moon, Temple of Madness, Ghost Stone, Incinerator, and Menagerie.
– Fifty-two unique enchanted weapons.
– A bestiary featuring all the creatures from the core rulebook and all the collected supplements.
– Copious new artwork from the visionary of the Shadow Deep, Barrett Stanley.
Battlespace – Ultra Modern Military Combat by Rob Salters
Select your fire team, enter the combat zone, and target your mission objectives. Be prepared for a multitude of situations and increase tactical depth with each game. Play with ready-to-go soldier cards, or tailor the gear in each of your soldiers’ loadouts. You can even build your soldiers from scratch with optional advanced rules.
– 48-page rulebook, 10 missions, Basic & Advanced Options, plus Enemy AI
– 34 soldier cards, 5 military forces, from CIA and Delta Force to British SAS
– 21 gear cards. Grenade launchers and Drones to Attack Dogs!
– 18 enemy cards: Criminal Syndicates, Insurgents, Militia, Dark Lake Tactical Group
– 29 sitrep cards, fog-of-war with a true sense of battlefield uncertainties, adding unique twists to the encounter
– Plus, Maneuver Card and markers
County Road Z – Rural Survival in the Zombie Apocalypse by Jordan Heckman
Gather your survivors, build your community, and battle the Zeds! A solo game of tabletop combat and resource management. Combat zeds (and worse) across warehouses, graveyards, mansions, and stores, then take it over! Upgrade your base and build new weapons. Scavenge materials for watchtowers, workshops, generators and more.
– Choose your next base to expand. A distillery? A firehouse? A hydroelectric dam?
– Includes Viral, Cosmic Horror, and Magic Apocalypses
– 16 zombies, 29 missions, 10 base types, 39 facilities & upgrades
– Road Trip campaign and Character advancement
Five Parsecs From Home Compendium – Bug Hunt by Ivan Sorensen
Three expansions for Five Parsecs From Home plus the fully updated standalone game Bug Hunt. In this military-themed campaign, face 16 alien species with 6 subtypes, like the spitter and screamer and 6 leaders like the driver or lancer. Players get to pick from 12 support units from the scientific survey team to a team of tough K’Erin assault troops. A full campaign game with character progression as your troopers advance through their careers, spawn points and more. Compatible with Five Parsecs From Home – move your characters between both games!
Trailblazer’s Toolkit – intro campaign, name generator, new difficulty options, PVP and co-op scenarios, new AI action tables, enemy deployment variables, escalating battles and fearsome elite-level enemies.
Freelancer’s Handbook – new alien species: The Krag and Skulkers, psionics, new equipment, miniatures, free combat rules. Expanded missions and quest rules, fringe world strife mechanics, expanded ship loan rules and salvage job scenarios.
Fixer’s Guidebook – terrain tables, expanded injuries rules, grid-based movement, faction mechanics, plus stealth and street fight scenarios.