Modiphius Entertainment Achtung! Cthulhu 2d20
Today we’re delighted to announce the release of the Achtung! Cthulhu 2d20 PDFs with the Player’s Guide, Gamemaster’s Guide and Gamemaster Screen & Toolkit available right now as part of the Achtung! Cthulhu 2d20 collection on DriveThruRPG.com.
If you’ve not tried Achtung! Cthulhu 2d20 yet, check out the FREE quickstart, to get a feel for our most cinematic pulpy version of the 2d20 system to date!
We know a lot of fans have been waiting for the PDF versions and we’re launching them today on the very last day you can pick up the Call of Cthulhu versions. Don’t forget we’ve already got a selection of ready made Achtung! Cthulhu 2d20 adventures for you to enjoy including: Operation Vanguard, Under the Gun, Seventh-Innings Slaughter and Operation Falling Crystal with many more on the way! Here are the details on today’s releases.
Welcome to the Secret War in this fast-paced pulp-influenced rollercoaster of an RPG which nimbly mixes the sanity-challenging terror of Lovecraftian cosmic horror, with the chaos and heroism of World War II. Inside this 178+ page full colour US letter sized PDF you’ll find:
- Complete rules for playing Achtung! Cthulhu, using a custom version of the cinematic 2d20 system to create thrilling scenes, awesome adventures, and epic campaigns.
- A complete step-by-step guide to building your Secret War operative which mixes archetype, background and characteristic to create a truly unique agent.
- Use singular talents, powerful weapons, and mighty vehicles to take the fight to the Nazis.
- Explore an innovate new magical system which allows you to wield powerful sorcery. Play as a Celtic druid or Norse Runeweaver, or harness the uncanny power of the mind as a psychic operative.
- Created by a team of Lovecraft adepts and second world war aficionados who have crafted an RPG which is easy to pick up and play, but boasts huge depth and flavour!
As a gamemaster you will bring to life this pulp-influenced world of brave Allied heroes and dauntless two-fisted adventure, guiding the heroic actions of players while also directing the twisted might of the Nazi occult: the Cult of the Black Sun, who wield foul magic and summon captive horrors and Nachtwölfe, their rivals who place their trust in Atlantean technology and weird science. Inside this 260+ page full colour US Letter sized PDF you’ll find:
- Dedicated advice on the art of gamemastering including managing the game economy and specific tips for creating memorable characters, adventures and campaigns to thrill and delight your players.
- Major new lore and detailed background information on the six major factions contesting the Secret War: Section M, Majestic, Black Sun, Nachtwölfe, the Deep Ones and Mi-Go including their backgrounds, history, hierarchy, secret bases and missions and goals.
- A vast repository of hidden lore and forbidden magical knowledge including new Mythos books and tomes, powerful ritualistic magic, plus the damnable spellbooks of Nyarlathotep, Yog-Sothoth and dread Cthulhu himself!
- Arm your players with a wealth of new weapons and espionage devices from secret government labs and classified research departments with the Secret Weapons of the Secret War chapter.
- Complete profiles and statistics for the powerful heroes and villains of the Secret War, the men and women who do battle for the fate of mankind, plus a huge bestiary brimming with all the terrifying gods, monsters and entities of the Mythos themselves.
This handsome PDF Gamemaster Screen contains four portrait-oriented panels, with stunning artwork from Boris Martsev, while the interior features useful tables and charts from the core rulebook, as well as quick references and rules summaries to help the GM keep the action flowing. The Gamemaster’s Toolkit will also help GM’s create memorable characters, adventures and campaigns to thrill and delight their players. Inside the booklet are a host of new tables, tools and suggestions for planning and creating detailed, compelling adventures, or improvising encounters on the fly, as well as advice, tips, and suggestions to present a veritable GM masterclass.
- A mighty four-panel PDF GM Screen featuring dramatic action-packed artwork depicting the heroes and villains of the Secret War.
- Places a host of handy at-a-glance rules, tables, resources, and guidance at the GM’s fingertips.
- The GM’s toolkit booklet contains advanced advice, expert tips, and tactics to help GMs hone their craft.
- A host of tables and charts help GMs structure and plan their adventures and campaigns, or create exciting encounters and NPCs on the spur of the moment.
- Created by a team of Lovecraft adepts and second world war aficionados, who have created this toolkit to bolster every GM’s Secret War ambitions!
If you want more, don’t forget, there’s an awesome Achtung! Cthulhu Facebook group, where you can speak with like-minded fans or our Modiphius forums for additional Achtung! Cthulhu feedback and discussion. There’s even a 2d20 Discord channel where we hang out and chat direct with fans, so be sure to look us up!
That’s all for the moment, agents, good luck and happy hunting!