For August, we released the seventh and last new game in the Battles for Canada Series. We also have a new custom card set for my minigame Infamy Avenged: Operation Hailstone that is being released soon in issue 59 of Against the Odds Magazine.
A very nice article about me and my gaming work was published recently in the YoungstownVindicator. You can read all about it here: https://www.vindy.com/news/local-news/2023/07/new-middletown-man-gains-fame-with-games/
Let the dice fly high!
New Games and Card Sets!
A Feeble and Negligent Action:
The Battle of Stoney Creek, June 6, 1813.
British prospects in Canada were rather gloomy in the Spring of 1813 as American forces began invading that British colony once again, with their main efforts concentrating on wresting control of the Niagara Peninsula away from the Crown. On May 27th British forces near the north end of the Niagara River were forced to retreat into the sanctuary of Fort George by an American force led by Generals Henry Dearborn and William Winder. After successfully withdrawing nearly all of the other outposts along the river following the American invasion of the Niagara Peninsula, Brigadier General John Vincent began planning for ways to strike back at the Americans, whose force was joined by another led by General John Chandler. Local informants, along with a daring night-time reconnoitering by Colonel John Harvey of the American encampment at Stoney Creek near what is today Hamilton, Ontario, disclosed the lackadaisical nature of the American deployment. Although outnumbered by nearly a five-to-one margin, General Vincent ordered a risky night assault, counting upon superior knowledge of the local terrain, surprise, as well as training with his regulars. The battle that resulted was one of the most intense and lop-sided battles fought in Upper Canada. Can you do as well, or better, than your historical counterparts? Learn and enjoy!
Each copy of A Feeble and Negligent Action is composed of the following:
- One 11 by 17 inch map with Turn Record Track.
- 100 double-sided counters.
- 8 pages of rules.
A Feeble and Negligent Action is designed by Paul Rohrbaugh and features graphics by Ilya Kudriashov. A Feeble and Negligent Action sells for $15.95 plus shipping. Mounted counters can be had for an additional $8.00. You can view samples of the game’s components, and access the order form, from here: http://www.hfdgames.com/stoney.html
Battles for Canada Series custom card set! This custom card set replaces the standard deck of playing cards called for in the Battles for Canada Series games’ rules. The custom card set can be used with all six of the games in the series (more games on the battles of Lundy’s Lane, Fort Erie, Cook’s Mills and Queenston Heights are in the works), and features graphics by Ilya Kudriashov. The Battles for Canada Series custom card set is $10.00 plus shipping, or can be had for free with any purchase of 4 games.
Infamy Avenged: Operation Hailstone Custom Card Set. Issue 59 of Against the Odds Magazine will include this minigame of my design. You can learn more about this issue here: https://atomagazine.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=179 It is the third game in a series using this game design; Day of Infamy: The Attack on Pearl Harbor and No Safe Harbor: The Raid on Darwin were published earlier by Against the Odds Magazine. The custom card sets for all of these games are $10.00 each, or you can get a custom card set for free with any purchase of 4 games.
Please remember we also have these promotions in effect throughout the year:
- Any purchase or 4 or more High Flying Dice Games (Professional or DTP) and you get one mini-game for free (your choice of any that sell regularly for $8.95).
- Alternative Bonus! Instead of a free mini-game, any purchase of 4 or more games and you can instead get a single-deck card set (any of those that sell regularly for $9.00).
- Note: Our newest postcard “Pocket Battle” game, A Rock and a Hard Place can be used for the above bonuses!
- Several new games are now Under Development and are undergoing playtesting. Brand new titles that are now being play tested are Maneuvering Toward War: The 1941 US Army Maneuvers, A Hard Day’s Work: The Battle of Droop Mountain, November 6, 1863, Fighting for Time: The Battle of Averasboro, March 16, 1865, A Sanguine Fight: The Battle of Riachuelo, June 11, 1865, Muerte Desde Arriba: Air Battles of the Spanish Civil War, Heaven’s Will: The Raid on Ulithi Atoll, November 1944, Diggers’ Resolve: The Battle for Milne Bay, August-September 1942, Falling Skies: Operation Rolling Thunder, March-April 1965, A Mad Endeavor: The Attack on Stony Point, July 16, 1779, Tempting Fate: The Battle of the Granicus River, May 334 BCE, Waters Unvexed: Three Battles of the Mississippi River, 1862 (Island Number 10, Plum Point Bend, Memphis), The Yanks are Here! The St. Mihiel Campaign, September 1918, Operation Musketeer: The Attack on Port Said, November 1956, A Gallant and Efficient Fight: The Battle of Hamel, July 4, 1918, One Small Step: The US/USSR Space Race to the Moon, and Depths of Courage vol. 12: The Raid on Valletta, July 25/26, 1941, Dying is Easy: Naval Battles of the Boshin War, May 1869, Heights of Frustration: The Battles for Longstop Hill, December 1942 and April 1943, Late to the Fight: The Battle of Palmetto Ranch, May 13, 1865. Blood and Oil: The Persian Gulf Tanker War, 1985, Gimme Shelter: The Siege of Firebase Ripcord, July 1970, A Desperate Fight: The Battle of Wassaw Sound, June 17, 1863.
- Heading into final development and graphics are La Vallee de la Mort: The Siege of Dien Bien Phu (also includes game on the 1953 Siege of Na San, as well as expansion game on Operations Condor and Albatross), Operation Menace: The Attack on Dakar, September 23-25, 1940, A Lamentable and Calamitous Action: The Attack at Mers-el-Kebir, July 3, 1940, So Far From God: The US Punitive Expedition in Mexico, 1916-1917, White Christmas? The Fall of Saigon, April 1975, Whatever the Cost: The Battle for Corregidor Island, February 1945, A Resolute Action: The Battle of Fort Meigs, May 5, 1813, Shadows of Hell: Operation Karbala 6, January 15-17, 1987, Galahad’s Ordeal: The Battle of Myitkyina, Cross vs. Crescent: The Battle of Las Navas de Tolosa, July 16, 1212, Nothing Then is Done: The Battle of Najera, April 3, 1367, Wheels of Change: The 1950s US Auto Industry, Souls to Waste: The Battle of An Bao, May 5, 1968, Depths of Courage, Volume 13: The Attack on the Tirpitz, September 1943, In Harm’s Way: Battles of the Dutch East Indies Campaign (Sunda Strait, Badung, Balikpapan, Java Sea) Paint it Black: The Attack on Lang Vei, February 6-7, 1968, A Cruel and Bitter Fight: The Battle of the Thames, October 5, 1813 and A Dreadful Fight: The Battle of Horse Shoe Bend: March 27, 1814, Operation Icarus: The Invasion of Iceland, June 1940.
Look for upcoming release announcements as these games are finished up.
High Flying Dice Games are available from this fine online retailer:
- Noble Knight Games: http://www.nobleknight.com/ Note: All games carried by Noble Knight Games now have mounted counters!
- Agorajeux: https://www.agorajeux.com/en/
Be sure to visit the High Flying Dice Games website for the latest information, view the full range of games, as well as see what is being worked on. You can also place orders and ask questions about all of the games in our catalog and in development. Visit us at: http://www.hfdgames.com. We’d love to hear from you!
Thank you very much for your interest and support. Let the Dice Fly High!
Founder, High Flying Dice Games
9753 Deltona Drive
New Middletown, OH 44442